The Laser 3000 is ideal for treating injured horses, whether they are racehorse, equestrian or are used in harness racing. The portable nature of the unit makes it perfect for use in the field, eliminating the need of taking the animal back to a stable or a vet for treatment.
With the deep treatment capabilities of the Laser 3000 resulting in quicker recovery times, your horse will be back to maximum health without the need for drugs.
Benefits of using the Cold Laser Therapy to treat horses:
- Reduces acute and chronic pain
- Increases blood supply to damaged muscles
- Reduces inflammation
- Promotes faster wound healing
- Assists in developing new cells and tissue
- Increases the strength of tissue repair
Safe, Non Invasive Treatment
Treating horses with laser therapy is a safe, non-invasive treatment modality. Being a cold laser, the Laser 3000 does not generate heat. It is simply a matter of setting the correct dosage level (Joules) into the Laser 3000 and placing the probe onto the horse’s body.
Treatment Times Calculated
Depending upon the condition being treated, the treatment may last from a few minutes to 15 or more. The Laser 3000 automatically calculates the treatment time and an audible timer will count down the seconds until treatment is completed.
The majority of horses will show an improvement in their condition after a few treatment sessions with a low level laser. Some show immediate improvements after the initial consultation and treatment. It may take several treatment sessions in order to see improvements in the health of the horse if a more chronic condition is present.
Low Level Laser treatment is ever increasingly being used to treat injured horses – whether these be Thoroughbreds, Standardbreds as well as Equestrian and other breeds. Deep penetrating and with the ability to rapidly heal, the VetLaser 3000 is a cold laser designed with the Vet, Owner and trainer in mind who is looking for a fast and reliable treatment tool.
University trials have proven the efficacy and efficiency of laser therapy in terms of cell regeneration as well as its natural healing powers, enabling horses to heal without the need for using drugs with potentially harmful side-effects.
Ergonomically designed and with the ability to operate in Continuous Wave and Pulsing frequencies, the VetLaser 3000 is ideal for treating inflammation in the joints, sprains, strains as well as injured muscles, tendons and ligaments to name a few.
Critical Factors to Consider when buying a Cold Laser
- Output power: Class 3B lasers such as the VetLaser 3000 have an output power of <500mW, This means they are termed Cold Lasers (or Soft Lasers) and do niot have the ability to burn, unlike Class 4 lasers.
- Wavelengths: Infrared Wavelengths – 785nm, 808nm, 830nm and 904nm have proven to be the most effective in penetrating deep into the muscle tissue (5cm), proving pain relief and healing properties
- Dosage: This refers to the amount of Joules (J) required to deliver the dosage to the injured muscle group. The VetLaser 3000 delivers dosages as inputted by the user and comes with an audible timer.
The Class 3B VetLaser 3000 achieves the following:
- At a cellular level, pain is reduced, as well as inflammation whilst increasing micro circulation. Consequently, tissues are healed. An analgesic effect also occurs as the VetLaser 3000 is a deep penetrating therapy unit.
Cold Laser therapy is used in the treatment of lameness in horses:
Some of the common uses of Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) includes:
- Back pain
- Tendons and suspensory ligament strains
In order to keep performance animals in peak physical condition, cold laser therapy is the ideal product to use.
The heavy track work endured by horses means they place an enormous strain on their bodies and muscles as they travel at great speeds around the track. Therapy lasers allow horses to recover in a quicker time and assists with healing their injuries.
Deep penetrating Class 3b cold lasers, such as the VetLaser 3000, increase blood flow to the damaged tissue reducing inflammation and accelerates the healing process.
Contact Laserex for further details or visit our Online Shop to place your order.
Laserex has 2 excellent books covering Equine Acupuncture and Laser Therapy for Horses.
These books cover all aspects of treating horses with laser therapy and are in colour with detailed treatment protocols and procedures. Please visit the following link to read more about the Equine Acupuncture and Laser Therapy for Horses books.