VetLaser 3000 Selection Guide
Purchasing a laser therapy unit can be a daunting task, given the number of manufacturers and claims being made as to their effectiveness on conditions being treated.
Here is a simple and straightforward guide to assist with determining which VetLaser 3000 is the best for your application.
To begin with, there are several points to consider:
- What area of the animal is being treated – large or small area eg Acupuncture point?
- What level of penetration is required?
- What wavelength will produce the best result?
Large or Small Muscle Group
If a large muscle group requires treatment, the Cluster Head would be the best option as it covers a wider treatment area with the one dose, than a Single Head.
Single heads are ideal for use in treating Acupuncture and trigger points, wounds, scars and injuries that are close to the surface of the animal’s body.
Visible red wavelengths eg 658nm penetrate 15mm into muscle tissue and are used for Acupuncture treatments.
The VetLaser 3000 comes in 785nm, 808nm, 830nm and 904nm wavelengths. These are Infrared and penetrate 50mm into muscle tissue.
Wavelength will have the most effect of how the laser lights reacts with body tissue. Wavelengths react with cells in the body enabling healing to rapidly occur.
Deep tissue is best impacted with the use of Infrared wavelengths eg 785nm-904nm and are not easily absorbed by water.
Visible red wavelengths eg 660nm are best for treating acupuncture and trigger points. the added advantage of Cluster Head versions of the VetLaser 3000 is that they come with a Visible Red Aiming beam allowing for precise positioning of the head onto the injured muscle area.
Other Important Factors to Consider
- Power of the Laser Therapy Unit: The VetLaser 3000 808nm comes with 450mW of output power making it a powerful Class 3B laser therapy unit
- Dosage: The VetLaser 3000 allows for accurate entering of the dosage in Joules and an in-built timer with an audible beep counts down the time required to deliver the dosage.
- Safety: Being a Class 3B Cold Laser therapy unit, the VetLaser 3000 cannot burn, unlike Class 4 lasers that can if incorrectly used.
- Warranty Period: The VetLaser 3000 comes with a 2 year warranty from date of purchase
- Manufacturer: Laserex has been manufacturing quality laser products and solutions for over 30 years. We are an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assured Company.