If you are new to laser therapy, you will find the following information useful.
Stands for Light Amplification by the Stimulation of Emitted Radiation
- Used to produce the laser beam either Visible Red (eg 635nm, 660nm) or Infrared (785nm, 808nm, 830nm, 904nm).
- The VetLaser 3000 comes with a GaAlAs (Gallium Aluminium Arsenide) diode laser.
- Beware of manufacturers who include LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) in their systems and then claim them as being ‘laser therapy’ units.
Laser Diodes have been proven to penetrate deeper into muscle tissue than LEDs!
An excellent article about laser diodes can be found on Wikipedia.
- Visible Red lasers penetrate around 15mm into the tissue. These are perfect for treating Acupuncture & Trigger points as well as wounds and scars that are close to the animal’s body
- Infrared lasers penetrate 50mm into muscle tissue and are ideal or treating large muscle groups as found on dogs and horses
Please visit the following link to read more about Penetration Depths.
- Continuous Wave – the laser beam is constantly on during operation
- Pulsed Nogier frequency – the laser is momentarily switched off during the treatment session and then switched back on.
- The VetLaser 3000 comes with 7 pulsed Nogier frequencies from 73Hz-4672Hz.
The following link has information about Nogier Frequencies.
- Energy delivered by the laser per treatment session, measured as J/cm2. It is possible to manually enter the dosage required in the VetLaser 3000, the unit then calculates the time taken to deliver the dosage.
Laserex Laser Diode Technology
The VetLaser 3000 uses GaAlAS laser diode technology to deliver the desired dosage required to heal the ailment – whether it be in Continuous Wave, Pulsed Nogier or Bahr frequency mode.
The software program in the color OLED screen calculates the time taken to deliver the dosage with an audible beeper and countdown timer assisting the user to concentrate on the procedure without the need for a stop watch / timer.
Laserex has taken care of all the hassle involved with selecting the correct laser therapy unit for your application, making it a straightforward, easy decision. Our first hand knowledge of the industry and experience in the field makes Laserex the preferred manufacturer of laser therapy units, world-wide.
With 30 years of manufacturing and design experience, the VetLaser 3000 combines all the knowledge into a handheld, portable laser therapy unit that is safe, effective and easy to use. The combination of GAlAs laser diode technology, frequencies, Class 3B output power and wavelengths are all considered in the manufacture of each VetLaser 3000.